Outside Sales Representative
Work from home, travel your local region and make direct connections with your customers. Grimes outside sales representatives enjoy the same benefits as those in Concord, OH with the added benefit of living and working closely with their customers. Grimes works with over 100 young plant vendors and all the major seed breeders from around the world to provide the best selection fo products. Are your customers looking for tags, hard goods, or chemicals? Grimes works with major vendors across the US for local delivery.
- Provide top-level customer service to all customers and prospects.
- Utilize all available resources to reach out to prospects and attempt to turn those prospects into customers.
- Collaborate with the Director of Sales to increase reach and total sales in local region.
- Attend industry trade shows to accumulate new leads and make productive contact with existing clients.
- Update client information in the company contact database.
- Enter orders in company ERP system.
- Stay on top of industry trends to identify potential opportunities for company growth.
- Self-motivated and comfortable working with little to no direction.
- Strong computer skills and understanding of spreadsheet software.
- 4+ years’ outside sales experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture, Business Administration or related field.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Effective time management, organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be willing to travel up to 50 percent of the time.
Inside Sales Representative
Join Grimes Horticulture as an Inside Sales Representative. Work out of our office in Concord, Ohio.
Inside Sales Representative Responsibilities
- Sourcing new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
- Understanding customer needs and requirements
- Routing qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure
inside sales representative job description
We are looking for a talented and competitive Inside Sales Representative that thrives in a quick sales cycle environment.
What does an Inside Sales Representative do?
An inside sales rep will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. You must be comfortable making dozens of calls per day, working with channel partners, generating interest, qualifying prospects, and closing sales.
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
- Understand customer needs and requirements
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure
- Close sales and achieve quarterly quotas
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest
- Maintain and expand your database of prospects within your assigned territory
- Team with channel partners to build pipeline and close deals
- Perform effective online demos to prospects
- Proven inside sales experience
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Strong phone presence and experience dialing dozens of calls per day
- Proficient with corporate productivity and web presentation tools
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- BA/BS degree or equivalent